Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 March 2012

What would you do?



A very clever person popped me a question today.

About my future.
My child(ren).


When I have my son/daughter...
What would I do?






I don't want to put extreme expectations on him/her.
Not the need for straight A's.
Nor having to be in the best class.
Don't even have to be drop-dead-gorgeous.



Heh.









If SOMEHOW my child turns out to be extremely clever,

I wouldn't push it.






I don't want to isolate them from the rest of the world.
Or for them to isolate themselves.
I want them to have friends.
To have a childhood filled with fun memories...


not multiplications/ subtractions/ and BIG BIG WORDS.







I want them to enjoy the world.
And not feel judged.
Nor should they judge the world in return.








"But shouldn't we teach our children
 to be excellent, 
to stand out,
to be spectacular,
to one day become president! "










Well, why not.
I'm just saying...






There is beauty in being normal.


2 comments:

JoeyC said...

Holy crap. Why don't nobody read your blogs. They are actually quite entertaining and insightful!

Unknown said...

People do read it.
They just don't follow:(

SO FOLLOW ME PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!
please...
heh.