Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 March 2012

The vow.






Number of years of marriage change,

but the vow made will always remain.






I promise

to be the one that pours you coffee each morning,
to tolerate you when the world doesn't,
to tell you how great you look and mean it each time I say it.


I promise

to take your hand and also your groceries,
to move heavy items when you don't have the strength to,
to provide for all your needs..
and occasionally your wants.


I promise

to support your decisions,
even when they don't make sense.
to go out of my way to cook you what you like,
to be the last one you say goodnight to,
and the first you bid good morning.
(Sometimes its the children though)


I promise

to pretend to have architectural knowledge and talk to you about it.
to give you advice in household stuff that I don't really know much of.
to work hard in the office,
come home and clean the fish pond.
to run errands all day and not complain.


I promise

to laugh at your jokes when they're not funny.
to smile a you as much as I can,
and to never look at any other the way I look at you.
to be your shield,
to even sacrifice my umbrella for you in the rain.


I promise

to love and to cherish you all the days of my life.
and to forever call you 
my husband; my wife.







Happy Anniversary Mummy and Daddy.
Too bad I wasn't there to witness your vows.

So I wrote my own version.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm very very touched by what you wrote. I'm sure you will make a wonderful wife!