Total Pageviews

Friday 20 January 2012

Learned and earned.



Same Chicken.

Yet totally different.



Curry Chicken.

Flame-grilled chicken.

The difference arises from the cooking.
To be exact, the CULTURE behind the cooking.




Today being the day before sa-chap-meh (30th night before chinese new year),
it was a family custom to visit the house of my grandpa's sister.




They have one BIG family.








So we went,


and also paid homage to our ancestors.






Having a Nonya lineage, 


some of the preparation was done to reflect it.





My sister and I spent some time admiring the whole process.


....


It was long.




Then we got a bit tired.
And went to do something totally irrelevant.




sunbath our feet.






I may not fully understand our culture in terms of the rituals and customs.


Yet the beauty and significance of it all I cannot deny.




Be it the youngest,




or the oldest (no photos attatched.  heh  )


We all learn to embrace our culture.


From that we learn...


Learned and earned.




Anyways.


On behalf of my sister and I,
we would like to wish you a


Happy Early Chinese New Year!


May God bless you all abundantly.




So you can do great ventures for the year ahead.




.

Happy Early Chinese New Year.
P/S my grandaunt sends her love.
heh.






Till 2-more-row,


get it? to - mor - row.
nevermind.


Cheers.

No comments: