Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 May 2013

An adolescent's trials








I've seen it fail too many times.
I've been there.
So I have to make decisions differently.
Failure is not the reason I build my walls.
My desire for success is.

 And for those whom are caught in such a time,
may you not build walls to keep others out,
But ones that will keep you from caving in.

Because one day,
the disappointment and pain will fade.
very slowly but surely.
You will look back at your decisions,
and reap what comes after.

I myself am awaiting a harvest.
A time where I can be glad of my present/previous decisions.
Whether I had to make them in joy or pain.
As long as they were the 'right' decisions.



"In Your freedom, I will live"







1 comment:

VeryZoe said...

Joyce, I love this poem. It is one of the most touching pieces of writing I've read in a while. Thank-you.