Total Pageviews

Friday 3 May 2013

My 2 cents.


 

First of all.
I am a failed blogger. Can't believe I went missing for nearly half a year. I've just been so busy with uni, ( I need to make a uni blog), so this one got neglected.

*Nobody grades me according to this blog.*


So why the sudden return?

Well, because Malaysia's elections is tomorrow and after reading so many articles /blogs /status updates /tweets about it. I thought, why not add one more.




This is my country. Yes, a country. It is not a monopoly game where the more money you have, the more land you can buy, the more rights you will have. Its a country. The best part about being part of a country is that you actually belong there.

As for the battle of the rights...




All this chaos about my rights, your rights, their rights... 
It comes from the idea that 'because you have done something, now that particular something BELONGS to you. It now OWES you something.' 
Now,
What has anyone of us done to deserve this land?

*Dont you dare say you grew this land by planting trees and looking after its habitat. Animals can do that, its called a safari. Despite all their effort, they dont have the right to vote. The fact is even without us, this land would still be fine. Perhaps better off considering the amount of pollution we are contributing.*

Be it Malays, Chinese, Indians, Bumis, Non-bumis, Avatars (list any other races of your choice)...

We don't own this land, we are just blessed to have inherited it. 

If you believe in a God(s), whatever your religion, you know that all things belong to Him. So instead of having a mindset of what BELONGS to you, why don't we all just be thankful for what we have been GIVEN. 



As for our leaders,
corruption isn't something you can hide. Nobody is perfect, and as a leader, mistakes are often magnified and easily exaggerated. This still does not give a valid reason as to why it is okay to continue corruption.




For all the fame, fortune, power...

Is it really worth it?

For one day when it all ends, how much money can you take to the grave? How much power can you exert when you are no longer here? How much land can you own when you no longer remain in the land?

The only thing that will mark your presence here will be the name you left behind. At this rate, not a very good one. So why not do yourself a favor and please just do the right thing. As a 19 year old citizen, I care about my country. As leaders of the country, I just urge for you to do the same. 

It does not matter which party wins, or what race will be in power. I just want the right person to lead Malaysia. *Could even be an avatar for all I care* 


I want people to see Malaysia not as a corrupted land. I want my generation to be proud of their own country. 



For if Malaysians themselves see no hope for Malaysia, who will?



May the best RIGHT man win.

No comments: