Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 May 2013

Dear Mummy,







When people say that there is that one person that will never let me down,
They’re talking bout you.

You’re the one that has always been there for me, 
even before I was aware of myself.
 The strong woman that shaped me into who I am today, 
and 20 years later,
 I still look at you in amazement as I did when I was little.

However, through time.
You have evolved into more than just a guardian, 
I am proud to say you are my best friend. 
You listen to my problems and occasionally gossip along with me.

We spend hours on the phone, 
with me pouring out my world to you. 
The comfort I have with you is truly amazing 
and it reminds me how blessed I am to be able to have that relationship with you.

We chat about our hair, how we both have too little. 
We chat about what kind of specs would fit us. 
I send you pictures of my food and you return the favor.
 I can cry to you and you take all my pain away.

You give me advice that is often different from others, 
but exactly what I need. 
Plus you give me the support I need to actually execute those decisions.

Mummy, 
I really don’t know what I'd do without you. 
You’re so generous with me, 
too generous. 
You give me everything I need and more.

 I look forward to seeing you everyday, 
even just on facetime.
Because no matter how bad a day I’m having, 
your voice calms all my worries and I feel safe.

You remind me everyday that God is looking out for me 
and that He gives me strength to face everything that comes my way.
 I can say with all the confidence in the world that I truly believe so,


…. Because He gave me you.




Happy Mother’s Day Mummy.

I would like to remind you that you are STILL the best mother in the world. 
Hasn’t changed since I wrote you your first mother’s day card and never will.

I miss you, you gorgeous-forever-young-looking-lady.


No comments: