Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day 24 : Swings


Remember the swings at reservoir park.

The one in the playground surrounded by sandflies.

The swings were small tiny ones,
that would swing straight into the forest.



We use to sit on it.


Sometimes we would fight to see who could get there first.
I'm not sure if you can remember, but I always won.



We went there a lot together.




I miss those times.

When we had nothing on our shoulders.

Nothing but faith.


A beautiful sense of Freedom


Cos we knew no matter how scary the swings were,

They creaked, 
Had no seatbelt,
And would swing directly into the direction of a huge dark pit...

We knew that we wouldn't fall. 

I had you and you had me.



I want you to know.

That even though your exams seem impossible.
Your results seem like that dark pit.
And you find stress slowly becoming a daily routine..


Just like those tiny tadpoles we saw by the park,
You'll survive.

Because the little girl I used to push on the swing,
She was afraid of nothing.
Despite the creaking of the swings.
She just wanted to go higher.


And even though that little girl isn't so little anymore,
I know deep down she's still the same.

Fearless. 
Faithfull.
Free.



Pris,
Don't be scared of what is to come.
They look really scary,
But they're not.
I've sat on them before.


Cheche will be behind you all the way.
I stood behind you since young,
Pushing you on the swings.
And I promise you,
This time round...
I'll make sure you soar.




No comments: