Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

Humidity and Humility.

I MADE IT OFF THE PLANE ALIVE.
Victory face.


I had a two hour flight. 


Then when I landed, I saw this small Indian lady that was carrying
two ginormous plastic bags


AND


a luggage bag


AND


a baby


AND 


holding the hand of an approximately
5 year old girl.






What surprised me the most was that nobody offered her
any help.


So I did. (Mummy and daddy I hope you're reading this)






Anyways,


On the drive back to my grandparent's house, 
I took a few shots of the scenery of Penang.




CHAR KOAY TEOW

Open-air food stalls.

Oldish looking building
that reminds me of OLD PENANG.




I saw the beauty in Penang,
it comes of as humble and unknown yet quietly stunning.


Not like the cheerleader/popular/rich/femal-ish woof woof (you know
what i mean) girl in school... 
kind of beauty.




More like the




quiet-yet-kind-schoolgirl-that-is-unaware-of-how-truly-beautiful-she-is...
kind of beauty.






When i got to my grandparent's house.
It felt really nice.


Comfortable.


Only flaw was that the gate didn't work.
Heh.




I got my first welcome from
none other than
MIMI.


I love my grandparents. Sweet people.
I had lunch with them then enjoyed a discussion with my two year old cousin.


Here's an extract of our intense exchange of theories.


My theory of why my parents work 


is for them to earn money.


Hers....


She loves going to TESCO.


Well, 


it was a good day of laughter,


learning to offer a hand,


learning to enjoy simple things.


Penang reminds me to be HUMBLE. To express and not to impress.






Before i sign off,


let me illustrate to you just how HOT and HUMID it is here.









Yes. It is slightly exaggerated.




Till tomorrow. 
Cheers.

2 comments:

Min Wee said...

you forgot to mention that only in Penang would people name their dogs "Mimi"

Unknown said...

I think you can get that in Sibu too. Heh