Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 October 2013

Day 50 : Remembrance


Its been three days.

For some,

its been a year.





















How do you go on when you lose someone?

A mother. A brother. A friend. A loved one.



You sit there.

Cry.

You question why things happen the way they do.

Hate.

Anger.

Pain.

You cry some more.






But there will come a time,

when you allow peace to return to you.

And realise.

That while this life we have may seem unfair at times,

it is also filled with compassion.

With kindness, with grace.

With love.





How do I know that?

Because at one point of time,

Life decided to bless us with you.

We've never deserved your kindness.

Your love.

So,

With that said.

Your blessings upon our lives,

was all 'unfair'

Life is unfair.







To the victims of the Lao airline crash,

I might not personally know you.

But I know you've been dear friends to my friends.

I pray for grace to be upon your families,

and I thank you for being a part of the many lives you have touched.




To aunty Gloria,

Its been a year that you have left.

Occasionally,

I still cant believe that you're not here anymore.

My greatest regret was that I was so far away.

But though you may be distant from us physically,

I know you never left.

Your presence,

Your guidance is what keeps your family going.

Your legacy is what we hold on to.

Its been a pleasure journeying with you,

though its a shame your journey ended sooner.

But thank you.

Thank you for showing the world how a little woman,

of barely five feet,

could be the pillar of strength for many.





In loving memories of Aunty Gloria.

and the victims of Lao Airline crash.



No comments: