Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 May 2014

Mummy, where's my _________ ?



I could pick up a phone, 
Say 'hi'
And instantaneously my mum would know if something was wrong.
She'd always tell me that I should do things out of love,
That I didn't need all the qualifications in the world to succeed.
If I ever doubted her, she'd use herself as an example. 
And assure me how great she turned out.
She could calm a war with two sentences and she'd make friends with anyone that crossed path with her. 
She is my mother and most importantly, she is my best friend.



For that mummy,
I'm sorry that sometimes my actions upset you and that I can't seem to get a hold of things.
But despite my fears of your disappointment, I confide in you all my fears, my incapabilities because I know ultimately that you love me beyond what I can do but you love me for who I am.


I thank you for sharing with me your God, a God that over the years has become mine too. You showed me how to draw strength from Him in times of need and often when I was struggling, you've drawn strength on behalf of me. Thank you mummy for being my rock when I was too lost to find my balance, for being firm in the ways of The Lord and yet so gentle in the ways of love. 


I often take you for granted and sometimes I wonder at the amount of heartache I've potentially caused, but the one thing you've taught me about God through your actions is that love really is unconditional and that no one is keeping track.



Now that I've grown up, and I'm away from home. Often I have to take on the role as a mother, and I realise how much grace this role thoroughly needs. The frustrations the disappointments, I sometimes fear myself because I'd act out of the moment, out of anger, and it would take the hand of God (often, the voice of a mother through a phone call ) to calm all the earthquakes here on earth. 



To all the mothers out there, I salute you for all that you have done. I thank you even more for the things that you have done without anyone knowing.
Often, we as children take you for granted, forgetting that we are here because of the grace you've had in our lives. 



To all the mother's out there, and to my mum all the way in Malaysia. 

Happy Mother's Day



There is no greater grace given than the grace to be a mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate ? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. Hope to hear soon. Thanks!